Its been a long time since i’ve posted. Mostly because my internet connection is sucky and i’ve been spending most of my time on pintrest. but i promise to pay more attention to you tumblr..i promise
As another year comes to a close, people start thinking about the future and start making resolutions. I never make resolutions because, well, i never keep them. But as i think back i feel like in my whole adult life, i have never made resolutions. I have been taking time this past week or so to really examine my life and to see what areas need improving. I am determined to keep one resolution and i am slowly coming up with a list of things that i really want to fulfill in this next year.
- Start to support small local businesses (Im tired of big corporations coming and taking over everything. This means no more places like starbucks, but i live in a city with really awesome coffee shops. Also knowing how important family and small businesses are, i need to start supporting it more)
- Read more books (There is a whole world of information out there, and just because im not in college anymore doesnt mean i should stop exercising my brain)
- Eat more organically (Lets face it, the world is full of crap. Why should we eat it? I want to start eating more organically and healthy. This resolution will also help support my first resolution)
- Rely less on social media (because frankly, all the people i really love live close, or are a phone call away.)
- Be more present (Since i bought my iphone i have been catching myself always having it out, checking this or that. I need to stop and be in the moment, enjoying the scenery or people im with)
- Letting go of my future (because i need to remember who the One in control is)
- Spend more time with Jesus (Man have i been slacking in this area, but luckily we found a great church we love and i am really excited to get involved in)
How lucky am I to live here? Good morning Baltimore….